Head of Marketing
Atakama is a new solution for protecting files without passwords. Our product elegantly combines advanced encryption schemes with a seamless, password-free user experience to provide file-level security that operating systems and cloud service providers don’t offer.
Through encryption of data-at-rest Atakama makes people and companies secure. And our intuitive UX/UI does not impede user performance and existing work-flows. Atakama is built for enterprise and SMB but designed for users of most skill levels.
Atakama is both our product and our company name. The core technologies we have built for protecting files will be extended over time to protect other types of data (email, database content, etc.) as part of future products.
As the Head of Marketing, we’re looking for someone to work closely with Atakama’s leadership team to develop marketing and sales enablement strategies to drive the business forward and achieve revenue targets. We are hoping to find someone who is passionate about being the strategic marketing visionary for the organization, while also being willing and able to execute on the ideas to see what works and drive results.
● Immerse yourself in understanding Atakama’s software capabilities and benefits, competitors, and surrounding landscape
● Identify relevant market segment sand prospective buyer types, and their needs and motivators
● Develop a value proposition and positioning that speaks to those needs
● Create a short- and long-term go-to-market strategy for engaging prospective customers, including driving brand awareness and inbound and outbound lead generation across print, event,PR, and digital channels, including how to nurture leads through the funnel to close
● Create, either yourself or by managing capable freelancers, the communications necessary to support our marketing and sales efforts. Turn value propositions into effective sales enablement materials including pitch decks, emails, event materials, digital advertising, etc.
○ Sales Marketing: Work collaboratively with Head of Sales to develop appropriate marketing messaging and support communications
○ Corporate and Brand Marketing:Codify and maintain the Atakama brand, including positioning and visual identity and manage the Atakama website, including inbound lead generation
○ Communications and Media:Determine what level of corporate communications and media relations strategy is appropriate, including thought leadership, press interviews, press releases around significant announcements, and participation at key industry events(including speaking engagements)
○ To start, this position will function as an individual contributor, but over time will build and manage a marketing team to scale with the business
● 7+ years working in marketing roles in B2B and tech. A plus if those include SaaS and enterprise-level solutions
● Experience across various aspects of marketing, including sales marketing, product marketing, branding, events, PR, and communications
● Ability to work effectively across multiple projects and manage competing priorities to deliver results
● Highly self-motivated, with superb organizational skills and rapid follow up on deliverables
● Extremely strong communication skills, with the ability to create clear and concise messaging in both written and verbal communications
● Strong interpersonal skills, with the ability to motivate others
● Strong strategic thinking and problem-solving skills
● Experience with and passion for working in high-growth, start-up, tech environments, including an ability to work resourcefully and adapt to changes in strategy and priorities
● Understand the critical relationship between marketing and sales
● Have confidence in your experience, and are comfortable providing strategic vision and sharing your point-of-view with senior leadership on what should be done and how it should be done
● Are excited by the realities of a startup environment, which means switching back and forth between being a senior strategic leader and making stuff actually happen
● Want to be an instrumental part of growing a business
● Like to take smart risks and experiment when looking for novel solutions to complex problems—and you know when to cut bait and commit
● Are driven, resourceful, and self-directed, provided you have the leadership and technical access and input you need to be successful
● Have a creative flair to bring fresh ideas to positioning and marketing campaigns
● Proven consultative approach to solving problems and addressing new opportunities and a laser-sharp customer focus
● The necessary resources to succeed
● Competitive salary and equity
● Career advancement opportunities
● 401K retirement plan
● Premium healthcare, dental, and vision
● Gym membership
● Pantry stocked with healthy and not-so-healthy snacks
● Awesome HQ located in midtown Manhattan
** This is a full time position in our New York City office. Unfortunately, we cannot accommodate remote work for this position and candidates must be fully authorized to work in the US. **