Atakama is a new solution for protecting files without passwords. Our product elegantly combines advanced encryption schemes with a seamless, password-free user experience to provide file-level security that operating systems and cloud service providers don’t offer.
Through encryption of data-at-rest Atakama makes people and companies more secure. And our intuitive UX/UI does not impede user performance and existing work-flows.
Atakama is both our product and our company name. The core technologies we have built for protecting files will be extended over time to protect other types of data (email, database content, etc.) as part of future products.
Atakama is built for enterprise and SMB but designed for users of most skill levels. A free version of the software is available for individual and home use while businesses, teams, and enterprise customers pay for a version with additional features and support options. Our sales and marketing efforts are focused on individuals, independent professionals,SMB, and discrete teams within enterprise.
As part of our growth plan we are looking for an outstanding sales executive to lead our sales efforts, working directly with the company’s two co-founders and our marketing lead.
This role requires an entrepreneurial mindset, passion to connect with new people, and a focus on building trusting relationships. If you are passionate, bright, eager to learn, and enjoy a challenge, apply today!
- You'll be the first dedicated salesperson at a fast-growing tech company
- Own the full sales cycle: prospecting, closing, launching deals, and handling inbound queries about our software
- Cultivate relationships through close contact with high-value prospects and customers at conferences and other industry events
- Develop product and industry expertise
- Conduct necessary research to identify target accounts and how to win budgets
- Nurture long-term relationships, ensuring honest communication, fair expectation-setting, and outstanding delivery Proactively and creatively tackle any and all challenges to strengthen the Atakama brand
- Maintain CRM reporting and other administrative responsibilities
- You have experience (ideally 3+ years) selling software using cold emails, calls, relationships, etc.
- You want to be at the forefront of the next revolution in cybersecurity
- Confident, articulate, and thorough communicator with clients and colleagues
- You're a team player who wants to help the company succeed
- You work to find new opportunities and make customers ecstatic about products
- You love helping customers find the right solution for their business
- Flexible and creative mindset with strong problem-solving skills
- Willingness to challenge the norm and think outside the box
- Ability to self-direct, analyze, evaluate, and form independent judgments
- You embrace the nature of a startup; company culture is critical to us
- Previous use of CRMs and other service platforms (e.g., Hubspot)
- Solid understanding of marketing math and CMO speak, such as customer acquisition costs, channel mix, measurement and attribution of online and offline channels, etc.
- Experience with cybersecurity
- Digital marketing experience
- Technical (engineering, math, science, etc.) degree
- The necessary resources to succeed
- Competitive salary and equity
- Career advancement opportunities
- 401K retirement plan
- Premium healthcare, dental, and vision
- Gym membership
- Pantry stocked with healthy and no-so-healthy snacks
- Awesome HQ located in midtown Manhattan
** This is a full time position in our New York City office. Unfortunately, we cannot accommodate remote work for this position and candidates must be fully authorized to work in the US. **