Software Engineer (Front-end)
Atakama is a new solution for protecting files without passwords. Our product elegantly combines advanced encryption schemes with a seamless, password-free user experience to provide file-level security that operating systems and cloud service providers don’t offer.
Through encryption of data-at-rest Atakama makes people and companies secure. And our intuitive UX/UI does not impede user performance and existing work-flows. Atakama is built for enterprise and SMB but designed for users of most skill levels.
Atakama is both our product and our company name. The core technologies we have built for protecting files will be extended over time to protect other types of data (email, database content, etc.) as part of future products.
As a front-end developer, you will directly impact the next generation of our product. You will play an active role in the design and development of new features and improvements to our existing interfaces across multiple operating systems and device types.
We’re seeking someone who is passionate about building high quality software that is intuitive and efficient to use, visually appealing and inspires end user delight. If you would like to work with people that make brave decisions and who recognize that team strength comes from diverse and inclusive thinking and behaviors, then this would be a great opportunity to grow both technically and as an individual through experience and education.
- 3+ years of experience building customer-facing applications in a professional setting
- Degree in computer science or a related field or equivalent practical experience
- Significant experience with React Native, Qt and Qt Designer
- Proficiency with SQL, Git
- Experience with unit testing and CI tools (we embrace thorough code-testing practices)
- Experience developing native apps for iOS and Android
- Experience with Angular, PHP, and/or Python
- This is a full time position in our New York City office
- At this time, we are only interviewing candidates who are either already located in the New York area or interested in moving to the New York City area
- Unfortunately, we cannot accommodate remote work for this position
- Candidates must be fully authorized to work in the US and must be able to begin work before January 31, 2019
- The necessary resources to succeed
- Competitive salary and equity
- Career advancement opportunities
- 401K retirement plan
- Premium healthcare, dental, and vision
- Gym membership
- Pantry stocked with healthy and no-so-healthy snacks
- Awesome HQ located in midtown Manhattan