Lead DevOps Engineer
Atakama is a new solution for encrypting data without passwords. Our product elegantly combines advanced encryption schemes with a seamless, password-free user experience to provide file-level security that operating systems and cloud service providers don’t offer.
Atakama keeps users secure by combining data at rest encryption with an intuitive UX/UI that easily integrates with existing workflows.
As the Lead DevOps Engineer at Atakama, you will work alongside the CTO, Engineering Manager, and a dedicated team of developers to lead and strengthen our DevOps practices. We embrace the agile methodology and encourage creative and adaptive teamwork in order to solve complex problems.
We are seeking a Lead DevOps Engineer who is passionate about building innovative solutions and high quality software. Our ideal candidate is one who works diligently to solve complex problems, appreciates a culture of learning and collaboration, and is invested in the future of information security.
- Manage and improve our CI/CD pipelines
- Manage and improve our build and release processes
- Configuration management - Configuration as code
- Increase the efficiency and robustness of our automated processes
- Build monitoring and alerting tools to increase transparency
- Mentor and lead junior engineers
- BS degree in Computer Science or a related technical field
- 3+ years of professional experience or equivalent practical experience
- Self-motivation and willingness to extend and improve an established code base
- Ability to analyze and fix problems quickly
- Strong organization skills and an affinity for automation
- Strong communication skills and the willingness to collaborate with others
- Proficiency in at least one strongly typed language
- Proficiency with Python and shell scripting
- Proficiency with Git
- An interest in cryptography and a desire to get into the weeds
- Experience with python tools like PIP, virtualenv, wheels, setuptools, etc.
- Experience with FUSE or virtual file systems
- Qt5 / QML
- GitLab CI / CD
- Competitive salary and equity
- The necessary resources to succeed
- Career advancement opportunities
- 401k retirement plan
- Premium healthcare, dental, and vision
- Gym membership
- Pantry stocked with healthy and not-so-healthy snacks
- Awesome HQ located in midtown Manhattan (whenever we get back to the office)