QA Test Engineer
Atakama is a new solution for protecting files without passwords. Our product elegantly combines advanced encryption schemes with a seamless, password-free user experience to provide file-level security that operating systems and cloud service providers don’t offer.
Through encryption of data-at-rest, Atakama keeps people and companies secure. Furthermore, our intuitive UX/UI does not impede user performance or existing work-flows. Atakama is built for enterprise and SMB but designed for users of most skill levels.
Atakama is both our product and our company name. The core technologies we have built for protecting files will be extended over time to protect other types of data (email, database content, etc.) as part of future products.
As a QA engineer on our team, you will be responsible for the quality and integrity of the software developed by Atakama. The ideal candidate is a self-starter who can work autonomously as well as part of various development teams.
Atakama is an energetic, fast-paced environment needing technology solutions to keep us nimble as we rapidly grow. You will have the opportunity to be part of building products and making decisions that will be the foundation of Atakama’s technology for years to come.
- BS degree in computer science, software engineering, management information systems, or equivalent technology experience
- Deep understanding of QA principles, methodologies and practices
- 3+ years of experience using manual and automated testing tools and techniques
- Experience with formal testing processes
- Experience with writing manual and automation test cases and test scenarios
- Solid experience of testing desktop and mobile applications
- Solid knowledge of Windows and MacOS
- Experience and have a thorough understanding of formal defect management processes
- Demonstrated expertise troubleshooting complex, distributed software applications
- Ability to work well with other teams to resolve issues and defects
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Proven ability to learn and solve issues in a timely manner
- Coding experience in Python (or any other languages)
- Basic understanding of encryption
- Basic knowledge of Linux OSs
- Experience working with AutopilotHQ, Freshworks, Webflow and Zapier
- Experience working with Jira or similar Agile project management platforms
- This is a full-time position in our New York City office
- At this time, we are only interviewing candidates who are either already located in the New York area or interested in moving to the New York City area
- Unfortunately, we cannot accommodate remote work for this position
- The necessary resources to succeed
- Competitive salary and equity
- Career advancement opportunities
- 401K retirement plan
- Premium healthcare, dental, and vision
- Gym membership
- Pantry stocked with healthy and not-so-healthy snacks
- Awesome HQ located in midtown Manhattan