QA Test Engineer
Atakama is a new solution for encrypting data without passwords. Our product elegantly combines advanced encryption schemes with a seamless, password-free user experience to provide file-level security that operating systems and cloud service providers don’t offer.
As a member of our QA team, you will be responsible for the quality and integrity of the software developed by Atakama. The ideal candidate is a self-starter who can work autonomously as well as part of various development teams.
Atakama is an energetic, fast-paced environment needing technology solutions to keep us nimble as we rapidly grow. You will have the opportunity to be part of building products and making decisions that will be the foundation of Atakama’s technology for years to come.
- BS degree in computer science, software engineering, management information systems, or equivalent technology experience
- Deep understanding of QA principles, methodologies and practices
- 3+ years of experience using manual and automated testing tools and techniques
- Experience with formal testing processes
- Experience with writing manual and automation test cases and test scenarios
- Solid experience of testing desktop and mobile applications
- Solid knowledge of Windows and MacOS
- Experience and have a thorough understanding of formal defect management processes
- Demonstrated expertise troubleshooting complex, distributed software applications
- Ability to work well with other teams to resolve issues and defects
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Proven ability to learn and solve issues in a timely manner
- Coding experience in Python (or any other languages)
- Basic understanding of encryption
- Basic knowledge of Linux OSs
- Experience working with AutopilotHQ, Freshworks, Webflow and Zapier
- Experience working with Jira or similar Agile project management platforms
- This is currently a fully remote position with the option to remain remote post Covid
- For those who prefer an office environment, you may work from either our New York City office or our Charlotte office once it is safe to do so
- Candidates must be fully authorized to work in the U.S.
- Competitive salary and equity
- Career advancement opportunities
- 401K retirement plan
- Premium healthcare, dental, and vision
- Gym membership
- Pantry stocked with healthy and not-so-healthy snacks
- Awesome HQ located in midtown Manhattan and an outpost in Charlotte