Senior Software Engineer
Atakama is a new solution for encrypting data without passwords. Our product elegantly combines advanced encryption schemes with a seamless, password-free user experience to provide file-level security that operating systems and cloud service providers don’t offer.
Atakama keeps users secure by combining data at rest encryption with an intuitive UX/UI that does not interfere with existing workflows.
As a Senior Software Engineer at Atakama, you will work alongside the CTO and a dedicated group of developers to architect and build various product features. We embrace the agile methodology and encourage creative and adaptive teamwork in order to solve complex problems.
We are seeking engineers who are passionate about building innovative solutions and high quality software. Our ideal candidate is one who works diligently to solve complex problems, appreciates a culture of learning and collaboration, and is invested in the future of security.
- Design and implementation of critical features
- Enforcement and creation of code standards
- Code reviews and standards enforcement
- Mentor and lead junior developers
- Strong understanding of Computer Science fundamentals: BA/BS degree in Computer Science or a related technical field
- 3+ years of professional experience or equivalent practical experience
- Proficiency in at least one strongly typed language
- Self-motivation and willingness to extend and improve an established code base
- Strong communication skills and the willingness to collaborate with others
- Proficiency with Git
- An interest in cryptography and a desire to get into the weeds
- Experience with React Native or Qt5
- Back end web experience: data management, networking, worker queues, message queues
- Experience using Linux-based systems for servers
- Experience with FUSE or virtual file systems
- Experience with unit testing and CI tools: we embrace thorough code-testing practices
- Qt5 / QML
- This is currently a fully remote position with the option to remain remote post Covid
- For those who prefer an office environment, you may work from either our New York City office or our Charlotte office once it is safe to do so
- Candidates must be fully authorized to work in the U.S.
- The necessary resources to succeed
- Competitive salary and equity
- Career advancement opportunities
- 401K retirement plan
- Premium healthcare, dental, and vision
- Gym membership
- Pantry stocked with healthy and no-so-healthy snacks
- Awesome HQ located in midtown Manhattan