Sales Development Representative
Atakama is a NYC based technology firm that provides advanced encryption software enabling companies to protect their sensitive data at the most granular levels. Without any disruption to the way data is accessed, Atakama seamlessly deploys within the existing infrastructure to ensure your data is secure even when the network is compromised.
We are searching for a talented Sales Development Representative who will have a significant impact on the growth of Atakama.
You will report directly to the Head of Sales, and be based in New York. As an Atakama Sales Development Representative, you will be responsible for engaging with prospects, qualifying all leads and helping to initiate the sales cycle for the Sales Executives who will ultimately close deals. This is an entry-level position with significant opportunities for growth. We want someone who is committed to building a career in Sales, ready to learn about the industry and work very hard to help us meet growth targets.
Although relevant experience will be a factor, we are seeking a positive, ambitious individual who is willing to learn while bringing a tremendous amount of energy, work ethic, and enthusiasm to the table every day. The position involves heavy interaction with potential clients, calling for excellent communication skills and service-oriented abilities. This is a great stepping stone position for anyone interested in learning the world of sales, start-ups, & cyber security.
- Qualify and drive inbound and outbound sales leads working closely with our Sales and Marketing teams to understand how to effectively generate those leads
- Set up meetings and demos for sales executives to kick off the sales process
- Maintain accurate lead data, keep track of deliverables for prospects and track all activities in Salesforce. You will maintain a constant pipeline of qualified prospects.
- Have a deep understanding of the needs of our prospects with the ability to provide solutions based on our value proposition which you also have a solid understanding of
- Meet and exceed monthly and quarterly lead and revenue targets
- Entry level to 2 years of working experience in a sales/business development position
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- Extremely motivated and driven individual
- Exposure to cybersecurity industry a plus
- Experience with Salesforce a plus
Our culture is critical to us. It’s how we push ourselves every day to do better than the day before. We expect our team members to deliver on their responsibilities, understand how each and every component of our company works to generate success, and hold themselves and their colleagues accountable to the highest standards. As a result, here are some of the things we are looking for:
- You are a strong communicator both verbally and in writing and have excellent interpersonal skills, which you seek to utilize in a role that is highly interactive
- You are excited about the opportunity to start your career in sales and work with seasoned sales leaders who will train and develop your skills
- You are motivated not just by money – we will build your wealth if you contribute to our journey– but also by the journey and challenge itself.
- You will grab the opportunity to continue your career at one of the world’s emerging cyber security companies that operates as a nimble, fast-growth start-up
- The necessary resources to succeed
- Competitive salary and equity
- Career advancement opportunities
- 401K retirement plan
- Premium healthcare, dental, and vision
- Gym membership
- Pantry stocked with healthy and not-so-healthy snacks
- Awesome HQ located in midtown Manhattan
** This is a full time position in our New York City office. Unfortunately, we cannot accommodate remote work for this position and candidates must be fully authorized to work in the US. **